Friday, May 7, 2010

pd_start does not recognize webseal configuration

I had installed WebSEAL 6.1 on a Solaris machine. There is a script pd_start under /opt/Policydirector/bin to start/stop every TAM component installed on the machine. To my surprise when I issue ./pd_start status it did not show webseal at all in the list of components installed on the machine.

Tivoli Access Manager servers
Server            Enabled    Running
-------------------------------------------
pdmgrd                   no      no
pdacld                     no      no
pdmgrproxyd        no      no


After taking truss of the script I found out that pd_start script reads /opt/PolicyDirector/etc/startup file. I placed this entry /usr/bin/pdweb in the startup file and boom... it started showing webseal also in the output of pd_start

Tivoli Access Manager servers
Server            Enabled    Running
-------------------------------------------
pdmgrd                   no      no
pdacld                     no      no
pdmgrproxyd        no      no
webseald-default      yes    yes
webseald-instance2      yes    no

Just to provide more information pd_start looks /opt/PolicyDirector/.configure location to find if pdmgrd, pdacld and pdmgrdproxyd are configured on the machine or not.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nitin can you add me to your circle,my email ID is nvllcoutinho@gmail.com , i really love to read your blogs on TAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. pd_start command is for SAM components status. You can check the status of webSEAL by pdweb status and pdweb stop/start/restart

    ReplyDelete